- Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Manufacturer: China Volume: gaiwan -150 ml, bowl -100 ml. Material: ceramics, celadon Dimensions: height - 9 cm, diameter - 7 cm You can take it with you, that’s why this gaiwan has a second name – traveler’s gaiwan. For ease of use, “ears” are attached, by which you can hold the gaiwan and not get burned. Great item for tea…
- 1 880₴
- Add to cart
Gaiwans are traditional Chinese tea utensils. They appeared several centuries ago, but even today they have not lost their popularity and are actively used during tea ceremonies.
Gaiwan literally translates from Chinese as “cup and saucer”. Each element performs its assigned role.
- Lid. It is intended to perform several functions. When turning it over, you can follow the process of brewing tea, stir the drink, saturating it with oxygen. With the help of the lid, it is determined how high-quality and fresh the drink is, since the aroma remains on it. The lid is used as a filter. If it is properly positioned, tea leaves cannot get into the drink.
- Saucer. It acts as a thermoregulatory element, and spilled liquid remains in it. It makes holding the container as convenient as possible. You can put tea leaves on a saucer if they interfere with drinking.
- Bowl. It is in it that the drink is brewed. In addition, it can replace a bowl or measuring container.
In Ukraine, on favorable terms, you can buy a gaiwan for tea in the online store “Cha”. We offer utensils for the tea ceremony, made of ecological materials of excellent quality. Each item is personally checked by our employees for the absence of defects (cracks, chips). One of our advantages is the favorable price for all dishes, as we work without intermediaries. Also, a wide range of tea utensils is constantly updated with new products.
Materials for making gaiwans
Gaiwans are made from various materials.
- Porcelain. Porcelain cutlery of medium thickness is ideal. In such dishes, you can brew tea of any kind. The drink will not change its taste.
- Clay. Only one type of tea is brewed in clay containers, due to the fact that the material absorbs the aroma. In addition, clay gaiwans are fragile, they need proper and careful care.
- Glass. Heat-resistant glass is used to make gaiwans. Such dishes are suitable for those who like to watch tea leaves, the brewing process. In glass containers, you can control how tea is brewed.
We offer dishes for daily tea drinking, as well as original gaiwans that can serve as a present. You can order a gaiwan of any model with delivery in Kyiv and other cities of Ukraine.